View Single Post
Old 29-10-2023, 03:50 PM   #30
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Ford cutting EV production

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Like the Endura... Priced all wrong for the segment

It's fortunate the Ranger and Everest haven't suffered a similar fate. Think because most of the market is priced similarly and there is a big enough feature/size discrepancy for the cheaper competition
Also Ford is market leader with the Thailand Specials, it can justify its Ranger price because its priced similarly to competitors and its the best vehicle in its class, hands down. Don't interpret this as me changing my opinions on Thailand Specials, I still think they're a junk platform/vehicle at their price points.

However, when it comes to EV they've got no experience and they're marketing themselves like its a premium product when really they've got absolutely no runs on the board compared to the established market leader (Tesla).

If I was responsible for pricing at Ford Australia I'd be trying to undercut the Model Y and if they can't because of dealership network then the next thing I'd be looking at is launching our EV range through agency model only.

Ford dealerships keep their access to ICE, but with Ford EVs its ala Tesla and maybe that allows them to offer a lower price while making more money by cutting out the middle man.

Does anyone here actually enjoy the experience of buying new cars? Its such a pain in the ***, the industry has been dragging its feet refusing to create better customer experiences.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: