View Single Post
Old 29-10-2023, 11:15 AM   #17
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Ford cutting EV production

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Ford has a biggie now, it was going in boots n all with massive BEV plans but now many of the
early adopters have moved on with little interest from buyers regarding buying the BEV Lightning,
Mach E or e Transit.

Europe and America are seeing Model E sales at around 5,000/month for each while Tesla Y sales
continually dwarf those numbers. As we discussed earlier Mach E prices for Australia are simply
uncompetitive with Tesla Y which is $15,000 less and more readily available.

So it seems like to me that Mach E sales in our market will be way less, like in the hundreds
not the thousands that some had hoped for. When will Ford start listening to its customers.
I'm on a few EV pages and fly the Ford flag as best as possible. Most common comment is, I'm not going to pay that much for a Ford. My sister in Norway was thinking of selling her Model 3 for a Mach E till pricing came out. Heck, I was too till local pricing came out.

Ford missed the early adopters that paid a premium for EVs. They have to go back to their roots, make an EV cost effective to build and sold for a good price. They need to innovate again. Only the Chinese can build using traditional methods for a cheap price.

Otherwise they'll continue to be an Also Ran in the EV space.

Last edited by kypez; 29-10-2023 at 11:21 AM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote