View Single Post
Old 22-10-2023, 08:04 PM   #2427
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970XW351 View Post
Why is that I didn't pounce on a neglected T series for "reasonable" coin back in the day.... Goddamnit Mr. DFB... Way to harsh my buzz on a Sunday evening.

Cheers, Tony
Sorry about that.

I can comfortably say that the T3 is the best Falcon I have ever driven. Sure, it didn't go as hard as my XR8, but the neutrality of each core element of the car was so lovely. In that I mean a nice balance of power, brakes, steering precision, ride quality and overall body control, no one element out pacing the other. The tiny little Windsor meant the front end felt alive and responsive.

Compare that to the XR8, that thing is all engine, the decent body control at the expense of ride quality, the brakes on the edge of ability, and the steering heft reveals the weight teetering over the front axle.

I love the XR8 for all that, but I also know that the T3 was the chassis highlight in the Falcon linage.

One more to completely ruin your evening................

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: