View Single Post
Old 14-09-2023, 11:30 PM   #9
Late braker

Default Re: Half price parts

My 2008 BF XR6 was rear ended in a low speed collision. The rear bumper is very damaged requiring replacement and the beaver panel, spare wheel well, lip of boot lid and plastic trim inside the boot around the boot latch is also damaged and requiring repair/ replacement. Currently at repair shop and am awaiting correspondence from insurers regarding the next step. They told me at the repairers that the rear bumper will be pretty much impossible to get now but they will quote it up as if it was able to be repaired/replaced. He said they are having trouble getting bumpers and parts for FGs now too. The car is otherwise in excellent condition for its age and distance travelled 208,000’km. I love the car and would love to keep it but I’m getting strong vibes it’s not really possible and am expecting further bad news on Monday next week. They have already told me it has been taken somewhere else for “further assessment” as it is “ extensively damaged”. I’m tipping a write off which is sad for me and the car as it has been brilliant, reliable and excellent. Such a shame to throw away a fantastic car because of this not to mention wasteful. To keep the car what should I do? I need a car and would love to keep it. Going to Bathurst on October 6th and they said not likely in this car…

Last edited by Late braker; 14-09-2023 at 11:37 PM.
Late braker is offline   Reply With Quote