View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 08:42 PM   #473
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 
Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

A lot of us when growing up were addicted to nicotine before we even started smoking. Houses were full of smoke, the car was full of smoke (people didnt even wind the window down, dont know how we breathed), the pub was abolutely full of smoke, restuarants etc etc. I can remember being at the doctors as a kid, and the doctor had a smoke burning away in the ashtray. Probably about 1990s, it started to become polite to go outside for a smoke.

I gave up when I had a nasty chest infection - I had one and couldnt smoke for days, but of course started to force the occasional smoke into my painful, congested lungs when I started to get a bit better. So I kept reminding myself, next time I get a nasty chest infection and cant smoke, dont be an idiot. Took a few years before I got another nasty chest infection, so I had a lot of time to think about it, eventually it happened and it had to be done.

Last edited by AMB; 07-08-2023 at 09:09 PM.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: