View Single Post
Old 16-07-2023, 08:04 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: My observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Where? Probably wasn't earning enough for the maintenance cost.
I'm suspect if they've been removed or they have been temporarily for upgrades to the new phone/red light and speed camera combination. The latest cameras are much smaller.

I notice the M80 cameras under the sign gantries and bridges suddenly became much smaller in size from the 1990s spec massive ones they used to be.

Same as the old red light/speed cameras on suburban intersections, used to look like a massive mail box, now they're 1/3rd the size.

Same with mobile cameras, used to have an external flash on them mounted to a roo bar well out the side, now they're all internal in the boot, no obvious identifiers on the outside of the car like the previous generation ones.

As far as police drama goes for various things, one of the guys I worked with as an apprentice had a heavily modified VS Commodore in mint condition, but it had huge wheels and was slammed, external gauge pods, Venetians, the works.

Defect number 14 was for 'obstruction of view' for one of those scented tree things hanging from the rear vision mirror, so the definitions are loose enough to do something about it should they want to.

They've just got a narrow field of things they'll actually enforce - until you **** them off, they pick and choose who they enforce them on too (lawyer X scandal anyone?)

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 16-07-2023 at 08:10 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: