View Single Post
Old 30-06-2023, 01:24 PM   #10
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NBN FTTP Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Interesting... Upgrades to my suburb apparently began in Feb 2023. But I haven't seen anyone digging and it seems my address is ineligible for any upgrades.

That said, i'm not sure what all the fuss about FTTP is.

We connect at 44/11 and can run 2 concurrent 4K streams while browsing the net on a couple of mobile devices and a computer.

Downloading big files I'm punching 4.8 to 5Mb/sec. Gets me an hour TV episode in under 1 min.
You don't appreciate how far behind we are until you've been to places where people keep up with technology. Could not believe the speed and instantaneous response I was getting when I was in HK....that was like in 2016, and is still infinitely better than what we have here now. With FTTN I think the performance you get will largely depend on how many people are on the node and how they use it. The node is the bottle beck. Bandwitdh is just half the story, the other one is latency. I'm surprised you are happy with 44/11.

The other thing is, a connectivity is only as fast as the slowest point. We don't want to be the bottleneck when communicating with the rest of the world.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote