View Single Post
Old 25-05-2023, 05:45 PM   #11
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Big chain supermarkets

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Depends on what you are buying would be my point. Ok my examples would be to counter, Buy Aioli locally 15km up the road so that doesn't enter into it. You know the Shepparton Packing Company sell local corn, pees and carrot freshly tinned not frozen.
If I knew where I could get locally made aioli 15km up the road form me, I'd get it, but I'm not aware of anywhere near me that does this. Of course, I could always buy the local ingredients and make my own, but it's not a high enough priority for me.

Yep, I know that SPC sell canned local product, but with volumes I consume, I find that I end up throwing out more from the opened can than I consume. Doesn't seem like a sustainable approach to me (and I HATE wasting otherwise perfectly good food when there's so many people who can't even afford to feed themselves properly). Frozen is a good option for me and buying a locally sourced product is a good compromise. Not to say that it suits everyone, but it works best for me.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote