View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 02:58 PM   #45
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: buying a vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Not necessarily. No one is spending money at the moment. New car sales keep trucking along but I'd be surprised if the used market was as active.

Hard to say. If it's priced right then it could mean there is something odd about it.
Its all "guess work" why that Falc ute is still on the yard.

prydey not sure where your coming from no one is spending $$$$ atm.

The news report doom and gloom left right and centre - sure the mortgage belt has copped a hit amongst other sectors but I'm seeing a hell of lot of spending over here in the big smoke.
Talking second hand car for eg, carsales, obviously those private owners or dealers asking BIG $$$ you see those cars hang around.
I had just sold my daily BM - having done the homework what like for like was going for - I actually thought they also are dreaming, I priced mine at a price I was happy with and know bites would be coming for I wanted to sell instead of waiting another 1 2 3 weeks hoping for another 1k or 4 more.
My Trade in price was 27k, my son put it on carsales around 1pm last Thursday.
First bite by 2pm.
Made a meet time later the afternoon - deal done, 6k more than trade in.
I have another 8 sms's I had to reply happy news its sold.
I suspect those other owners asking another 5k+ above mine for the same car are still waiting.

As for the topic I only buy private bugger the dealer they are all liars etcetc......
I have good experience with BOTH - I'm not fussed who I buy from, I do my homework like most of us do, as long as its what I want, ticks all the box's I go in ready to make the deal there and then.

Talking the second hand market movement.
I was shopping the last few weeks, I couldn't believe one morning online I missed out on 2 cars (private) within an hour of each other.
Then another I had to make a call will I or not talking to the seller for there was 2 other guys hoping to get it at the front of the guys premise's.

IF you have pricing around where the market is happy at it sells like fire.
IF your a dreamer rip off merchant waiting for the sucker your %'s are low.

Just had a very good dealer experience recently, don't know why some of these guys have "that" approach but once I brought him down to the understanding back off the BS I know what I'm after and common ground it went very well.
He actually knew what he was selling.
Done deal he came out of it a ok.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: