View Single Post
Old 20-03-2023, 01:37 PM   #37
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Quarantine crisis deepens, 60,000 new cars stuck at sea and port

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Unfortunately the private coach/charter industry is suffering a severe lack of drivers so apart from the medical requirements to pass/renew your heavy vehicle licence and passenger accreditation no operators can afford to discriminate you over your medical history or vaccination status.
I know of plenty of drivers who've had covid on top of existing respiratory/pulmonary histories.
We deal with large groups of international visitors everyday fresh off inbound flights and cruise ships.

I think you'll find its more to do with getting people to work in quarantine cleaning than facilities, its **** work for **** coin at a time when jobs elsewhere are apleanty.
Sorry I should have clarified, I don't really care about vaccination status, covid etc....I meant if a driver had say a pre-existing heart condition and therefore another serious illness combined could lead to a heart attack or requirement of a pacemaker than I think it only fair an employer knew as my own liability with clients etc comes into play...
I discovered one of my drivers was one more bad result off having a heart pacemaker installed and thus likely losing the legal ability to drive commercially...and we both sweated over his next medical report...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote