View Single Post
Old 22-10-2022, 01:55 PM   #4
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Pot holes and tyre pressure

I used to run 38psi on my 18s, but it got a bit annoying on suburban streets with all the tram tracks, man holes, speed humps etc. Dropped it to 35 and its so much more comfortable.

Have hit a fair few pot holes in recent months, mostly out in the country roads doing 100 to 110kmh. So far so good in that there has been no damage (that I can see!!). The outer buckle I got was in an 80kmh zone, if I recall correctly, I hit the brakes lightly and swerved, apparently the two things you shouldn't do. From memory, I was running 38 psi at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
I'd have to send the rims on the FPV away for straightening every 12 to 18 months even when running 40psi. Nothing seemed to properly save them.
How much does it cost to do that? The local bob jane told me that factory rims are weaker than the reputable aftermarket ones. I believe them, because the 17 inch XR rims that came with the car had inner buckles all over the place and on all 4 wheels.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote