Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2022, 06:49 PM   #1739
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
If said lady didn't want a mess left behind, then perhaps she should call you in a little more often so that the cutting is neater. Otherwise, the price is the normal charge plus time taken to do the raking at your normal hourly rate. For example, a base $50 cut would likely end up costing her $90 to $100. I'm guessing she would then choose the former and not have the grass raked.

The industry really needs to stop catering to the "let it grow as high as possible, then want it cut for the same price as a regular" crowd.

I have a client that I have decided to let go from now on. She only calls me in when it's above ankle height, so a 15 minute job that I quoted for turns into a 45 minute job that I don't make any money from.
The silly thing is for this old lady, it’s not a lawn, it’s just an old market garden block that she can no longer afford to maintain or get to from her house.

I’m quite strict on regular pricing vs casual pricing vs hugely overgrown pricing, there’s no cheap cut for a knock down job, it’s too hard on the machinery and body.

And for future reference, my huski 322l at constant WOT will drain a tank in 50mins, I did that 3 and a half times for this old lady.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz

Last edited by danzvtil; 20-10-2022 at 06:55 PM.
danzvtil is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: