View Single Post
Old 28-08-2022, 10:08 PM   #4645
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I kind of love it if I have something to do down the back behind the scenes and out of customer view.

The ones that peeve me off are generally unrealistic in what they are asking for, unrealistic in what they think I can deliver or just downright rude. If I take the time to give you information and buying suggestions while guiding you every step of the way, don't answer your phone mid conversation, don't be outright dick in pointing out that Bunnings are cheaper, don't expect to be able to just snap your fingers and have exactly what you want right then and there when these are living plants subject to a variety of influences. And don't make me stand there while you speak to your wife/husband/friend in another language that I can't understand, or perhaps refrain from having a domestic argument until you get back home, or the car at the very least. And another thing, older gentleman in particular, don't argue with me about how something will fit in your car; I do this all day long and have done so for 18 years, I know what works and what doesn't, if say it's best laid down or positioned a certain way it's because I know what is best for the plant.

Having said all of this, I do have some lovely regular customers that make the whole thing worthwhile. These are the sort who know be by name and enjoy the whole buying process, respect my knowledge and respect the asking price reflects the quality of product and quality of service.
You know the old saying does not matter where you work there is always someone who going to give you the ****s.
I tend to switch off.

That's life.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: