View Single Post
Old 27-07-2022, 12:20 PM   #1198
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The 'lag' everyone complains about drive by wire systems is purposely programmed in by the engineers, the electronic throttle body on the VZ-VF Commodore can go from completely shut to WOT in 70ms if you want it to which is faster than you and your foot with a cable throttle

Unfortunately it's a symptom of engineers having to design a car that suits 200,000 people's driving styles so you end up with a compromise.

I particularly dislike how the DBW throttle operates on VF Commodore it's absolutely horrible with a huge dead zone and delay to minor throttle inputs but it can be improved markedly if you're that way inclined.

I'm pretty sure it was used in the FPV GS to only give it 315KW - 100% pedal didn't equal throttle plate open 100% it would only open the throttle plate at a maximum angle rather than all the way.
Yep you can tweak the throttle response with all these little electronic gizmos (I've got one on my ute you can have them as responsive as you want) but what they can't speed up is throttle off and it's a real PIA if you like manuals

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote