Old 30-06-2022, 08:04 AM   #25
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Overemployment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Quite easily...

So, did my teaching gig today, hopped in the car and drove to the city to start the next job.

Here I am hard at work while updating the the kids' spare phone and tablet with kids stuff while I'm on AFF and finalising my trip to Canada on the weekend.

Oh, and will have dinner while I'm at it.

Had it been a different time I would be marking students books, writing reports, creating and sending invoices for my other job or doing work on the laptop for my online business.

I'm don't have Wifi at home so will probably catch a few episodes of The Office on my phone with Stan after 9pm when I get really, really bored.

No one in the Spa tonight so my chances of catching a couple going at it are slim to nil...

And before anyone jumps all staff do the same, as allowed to by our boss.

Had the job going 7 years now - no there are no vacancies.

Oh, and I make it clear with any job I have ever taken that I do other work. I will not and never have agreed to any 'can't have other jobs' clauses.

Yeah I guess its just what you are used to or just want, I dont personally understand. I actively try and find ways to earn the same/more and work less, once the kids are through high school it would be very unlikely I will be working 5 days a week.

Id be worried about burnout or just not being able to spend any time doing other things.

All power to you though, just look after yourself.

I do recall with trades in mining that there were very strong advice given for those on a roster to not do other work while off shift. It was generally cloaked as a safety/fatigue issue (your meant to be resting so your right when back on shift) and also to stop competitors taking people. It had implications for any work compensation payouts if it was found they were working off shift and claim any fatigue as a cause of an incident.

Different industry and different risks.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote