View Single Post
Old 26-06-2022, 11:11 PM   #559
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Love doing the same type of gurney work - so satisfying when done looks great DFB.

Well you got to do what you got to when living in a bush environment like us and this motha has concerned us being not even 10mtrs from the house and the bedrooms being first point of contact.
Been a challenge getting loppers not just for the amount of work they have today but also the access doing this job another so we were ghosted as I’m told nowadays a few times but finally got a crowd willing to get on with it + 3 other medium size ones being another gum and 2 turps.
Massive job as you can see and I commend the climbers for needed 2 being the large tree really tested his stamina and by the end they suffer muscle cramping as expected.
Dropping the large limbs watching was a work of art - a inexperienced crew surely would have damaged the house and likely our pathways - pretty impressive overall.
The above stump is left to do in the morning……
Next pics are the baby’s being cut
As you can tell a bit of culling won’t take away from the amount of trees around us…..
And some left overs that they put on FB and pretty much all gone by tonight to many homes with fireplaces

DFB I have enough work ahead of me now with rebuilding 2 small sandstone retaining walls and re do the garden bed - looking forward to it but I wish roKwiz was close by to quote on some of his Great Wall work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get scared being on the third step of a ladder let alone being up a tree like that, better them than me!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: