View Single Post
Old 18-05-2022, 03:32 PM   #95
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Sold out: why Australia doesn’t have enough electric vehicles to go around

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
I'm Curious to hear both Kmav & kypez's Take on this .??

https://www.drive.com.au/news/tesla-...-owed-refunds/
Nothing like a bit of click-bait for the masses.

Yes, Tesla stopped taking orders. That doesn't mean they aren't releasing the car here. Their order book is full till 2027 at the moment (taking that production finally starts later this year). There is no need to take anymore orders. Gotta love the emotive, "withdrawn from sale", its never been on sale! Only pre-orders.

Heck, Mobile Phone (insert technology item here) providers and such also have pre-orders and once they hit a certain number, they pull them. Doesn't mean they've been pulled from sale. There are only X number of First editions as well for many brands that cap the number of pre-orders.

So No, there is no issuing refunds at this stage and my order is still in (not canceled as the click-bait suggests). Does it mean I think the car is still 100% locked in, no way! But I'm not losing much sleep over the princely sum I paid of $150.

While we're at it, they also stopped putting prices up for pre-orders for the S and X because unlike the other grubs, they do a straight conversion at the exchange rate. So if the dollar goes up, the prices come down and vice versa. I do like that model of theirs. It also doesn't mean they will pull those cars from Australia as well.

Last edited by kypez; 18-05-2022 at 03:41 PM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote