View Single Post
Old 24-03-2022, 09:17 PM   #21
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: DIY Microwave Repair

I bought my Sharp Carousel in 1995, I use it once or twice a day for 12 to 20 (but sometimes 45) minutes (convection and/or microwave, depending on what I'm having). I had to solder wires in where the ribbon cable connects the buttons to the micro-controller about 14 years ago, to get all the buttons working after being eaten by cockroaches in QLD while I lived there.

But they don't build them like this anymore. It was the most expensive bastard I could buy when I got my first job out of Uni though. I'll give it a crack, if something else goes wrong again, anytime soon.

Incidentally, I opened a mates once, it was rusted out and was no doubt unsafe, a much newer one than mine though.
JasonACT is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: