View Single Post
Old 15-03-2022, 07:41 PM   #1279
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Thanks Rob, just a shame they arent open all year round as the extra revenue would go a long way towards some much needed maintenance and upgrades.
Apparently they've been getting heaps of function bookings and are looking to obtain a permenant liquor license rather than applying for temporary permits. Perhaps that may encourage them to open the gates more often as it really is a nice place to camp.
They used to be open all year round. They went back to school holidays and long weekends only round about the start of the pandemic. Last year they announced opening back up from September to May, or something like that. I only recently noticed they've gone back to holidays and long weekends.

I know they want to keep it low key. They don't want to lose the feeling of it being a family property first and caravan park second. We aren't bothered by the facilities not being the best. Being only about 45min drive for us its a nice place to just kick back for a weekend.

They hold a lot of horse events there. They are hoping to increase that side of it especially since horse events are no longer going to be part of the royal show. I took my daughters to a jumping event last year. Just drove down each day. Free to enter the grounds and enjoy the day. They have a cross country course set up too.

Also up the top of the hill there are some guys building a mtb/bmx style track. Not sure where that is up to. He's very much in to getting to give the locals, particularly the younger crowd that can get up to mischief when there isn't much to do, something to do.