View Single Post
Old 27-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #4300
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Looks like you and your daughter should become PIs, you're daughter is very switched on, good on her.
I had a similar experience myself almost 20yrs ago.
At the time I was on workcover for a workplace accident to my right knee.
Just prior to the accident I'd borrowed a wheel barrow from work and so when they realised I wouldnt be back to work anytime soon they asked me to return it asap.
I didnt have an issue with that so I had my Wife and eldest Son lift it into my HZ ute and drove it down there, a mechanic unloaded it and I drove home.
Soon after I got a call from the service manager asking how I could drive my manual ute with a busted knee, I said its my right knee, you use your left for the clutch and im a left foot braker from day dot so the right leg just hovers over the accelerator.
He mumbled some **** and hung up.

Now to set the scene, I was living in Davoren Park at the time, a renamed suburb of Elizabeth so when a shiny bright red BMW M3 pulled into the church carpark across the road it stuck out like dogs balls.
I watched it through the loungeroom window for half an hour or so and the driver just sat there looking towards my house.
So I rang Workcover and asked them If it was their doing, nope came the reply, go ask him if he wants a coffee.
I wasnt that brazen so I said to my Wife lets play a game with him instead.
So we jump in her car and she reverses out the drive and heads north for a few hundred meters before doing a U turn at an intersection and heading back towards the carpark entrance.
At that exact moment the nose of the bright red M3 pokes out onto the road to tail us, he realises we've turned 180* and in a hail of gravel and dust proceeds to backtrack into the carpark and back to where he was.
So we slowly pull up across the entrance and I wind my window down and give him a wave, he didnt look too happy.
We sat there in a stalemate for a while and eventually drove off once he got the message.

I rang a mate who worked with me and told him the story, he starts laughing and says thats Mathew the service managers mate, he's a PI, not a very good one mind you, who goes undercover in Elizabeth in a bright red BMW M3.
Never saw it again.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: