View Single Post
Old 27-01-2022, 02:11 PM   #5
nearlythere

Default Re: Advice on camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by car10002 View Post
Also would like air conditioner and heater if too hot or cold, what is a way while sorting other bits out

If it's to hot mate just wear cooler clothes and put your tent in a shady area maybe under a tree but make sure its not very windy because branches might fall onto your tent. If it's cold wear warm clothes and have a minus 10 sleeping bag haha. And if you can a nice fire to sit by.
Once you have been camping a few times you'll start to know what you need and what to expect. And yes take plenty of water.

Pretty good cheap and easy food to take is cup noodles so you'll need a kettle to boil the water for them.
Baked beans, spag, soup. With a pan you can cook some ham burgers, chicken burgers, snags ect.

But like I said after a few trips you'll soon understand what works and what doesn't. I've been camping for years, I have now gone back to a tent after having a camper and using my 4X4.
I still think of things I need haha.
Basically just sort out a tent, a bed, warm bedding and clothes, plenty of water and food. Oh and panadol ect for headaches stings ect.
And most times your own company is pretty good or one friend.
As for the cooling and heating I wouldn't even bother with that at the moment. Just focus on the essentials.

Hope this has helped a bit and good luck.

Kim

PS, Buying a battery box and adding your own accessories like 12v plugs, USB sockets, volt meter is fun and very handy.
And a solar panel is also very handy. But remember they MUST run a voltage regulator to keep the voltage at a charging level without cooking the battery. Most already have one fitted. I put my regulator on on my battery box as it's easier to keep an eye on because if the battery is charging at 20 volts as mine have once it will boil the battery and it then becomes rubbish.

Last edited by nearlythere; 27-01-2022 at 02:20 PM.
nearlythere is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: