View Single Post
Old 25-12-2021, 11:37 AM   #2
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Attn Tech-Dudes - Good Tablet for Procreate

Saw your post and thought I'd have a bit of a look as I was just going through the JB catalogue.

If this is a surprise you might have to let your daughter in on it. It appears Procreate is only available for Apple devices. So you might need to find out exactly what apps she wants to use to draw with which will determine what you want to buy.

If Procreate is her thing then your stuck with Apple. And there is nothing wrong with that, specially if your an Apple fan (I am not), as there will be plenty of other drawing apps available.

But it just means your stuck with Apple prices and all that comes it it. $$$ wise it would mean the cheapest tablet is $500 plus the price of the pencil.

Quick look at the reviews for Procreate and most I read point to the IPad Air as being the best all rounder, but your at $900 for that.

https://procreate.art/faq

Android wise, I bought Dad an S6 Lite for Christmas last year. Comes with plenty of RAM, 128Gb storage, nice bright screen and a Pen. If you sign up and buy it direct from Samsung they give you a $50 off voucher for your first purchase, even off the sale price, which will always be the same as what the stores are at the moment. Express Post is included.

Dad is a jeweller and he does basic drawing with it when he wants and he seems to be happy with what it does, although he far from works it hard.

Just remember not all tablets support pens. Some tablets you have to pay extra for the pen too. Cheaper tablets tend to use IPS LCD screens which aren't very bright and have very low contrast, which may not be good for drawing. Android tablets you need to pay attention to decent levels of RAM and storage, although they usually come with SD card slots. Android tablets are very much like computers and laptops, you get what you pay for and cheap stuff can be very sluggish.

Good luck with it and Merry Christmas.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: