View Single Post
Old 19-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #3978
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I know it's only a small thing, but not having to wear masks in the office today.

For some reason, I don't mind having to wear masks in retails spaces, or even outdoors when we had to, but having them in the workplace was taxing.

E: And I should add, it's nice to see the whole face of some of the newer employees who have been here less than 2 years!
I work outdoors most of the time, I have found wearing a mask is fine up until about 24 degrees. Above that, they are an extremely uncomfortable thing to have on your face for 8 hours.

I work in retail, so we still have to wear a mask inside the shop but not required outside in the nursery. I have been still wearing the mask when speaking with customers, taking it off when I return to my task. With the amount of people through the doors everyday, I'm happy to continue with this for a while.

And yes, not seeing peoples facial expressions can be tough. I think it's nice to be greet a customer with a smile as it breaks the ice a bit, obviously not doable with a mask.

There are a few benefits to a mask though. The customer can't see yawing while they fidget with their phone to show me a pic, or see me grit my teeth when a customer is difficult.....................or the boss for that matter.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: