Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 11:39 AM   #15834
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworthfreak View Post
No problems, but I need to correct my answer to your post. The second type of stroke (in the venous sinuses) is the very rare type associated with AZ, the cerebellar stroke is not associated with AZ. That doesn’t mean the cerebellar stroke is associated with his heart or any cancer diagnosis, it may have been a result of other things.

There are two main types of stroke: ischemic and hemorrhagic . An ischemic stroke is the most common type, and happens when blood flow is blocked. This may be caused by a clot that formed in a different part of the body which broke off and becomes trapped in another part of the system (and his just happened to be in one of the arteries feeding his cerebellum). The clot could have also formed more locally, or it might have been a small tear instead. A hemorrhagic stroke is caused by a burst blood vessel. Blood pools in the brain, causing a build up of pressure which then slows or stops the flow of blood.

Cerebellar stroke is more common in older adults and people with a family history of stroke, and health problems that affect blood vessel health and blood flow can raise the risk.

This may not make you feel better, sorry.

Jamie
This is the whole email, and thank you for your interest, your explanation is fine thanks.

Hello Billy,
Sorry I have not written for a while. I hope that everything is going OK for you.
Unfortunately, I just spent 8 days in hospital after suffering a stroke.
Good news is that I have had lots of scans, blood tests etc., and apart from the stroke my heart condition, sugars, cholesterol, blood pressure, O2 levels are all good for my age. Bad news is that the blood clot in my brain came from somewhere unknown at the moment.
I had a pretty rare stroke called a cerebellar, in the cerebellum at the back of the brain. Main problems are balance and coordination, luckily I have no weakness in my limbs or speech problems. Eyesight has been affected slightly but I am told it will improve gradually. I had a physio assessment at home today to check that I can walk, climb stairs etc., no problems at present.
I just walk like a drunken sailor but not allowed to drive for a while, maybe forever.
Apart from that, life goes on.
Hopefully things are stable for you?
Cheers
Dave

Sent from my IPad