View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 12:18 PM   #395
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Give this:

....can you please tell me if both the Mk I and MK II FG's both use O ring seals on high pressure hose to power steering pump connection and if so are they the same part numbers and/or made from the same material? I am wondering if following the incorrect service guide using Valvoline Formula F instead of Castrol Mercon LV to top up my power steering is what caused the leak at this connection on both my FGs. If there are two different O rings I might try some experiments soaking the O rings in both types of ATF. What do these O rings cost?
Had a look at both FG1 and FG2 systems and I think there might be an error, but not sure as we would need to look at two actual vehicles to compare. Refer to images below. FG1 states it uses quick connector BG3F656A to join high pressure hose to pump. The O ring seal in there is part number 388898S. Now when I look at FG2 neither connector or O ring are listed separately, but not sure if that is the fact. If they are then the 388898S O ring would be the same, worth around $6 each.

How ever the high pressure hose is different between FG1 and FG2 (only talking 6 here). FG1 has two hoses one for NA and one for turbo. FG2 has one totally different hose for all 6 applications. Sorry but I don't know the exact differences are????

FG1 Set Up:

FG1 Power Steering.JPG

FG2 Set Up:

FG2 Power Steering.JPG
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: