View Single Post
Old 22-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #490
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
the EEPROM...

0x194 = 0x00, 0x00
0x196 = 0x20, 0x03
0x198 = 0x40, 0x06

Change that to:

0x196 = 0x40, 0x06
0x198 = 0x80, 0x0C

And you will double the BOOST gauge's range (2 bar).
I wanted to try this, so I took some photos while it was out:

For me, it makes more sense to make it a 1.5-BAR gauge though, as mine only really goes to about 16 PSI (having tested it this arvo). It only went a bit past the next notch after the centre one..

1.5-BAR...
0x196 = 0xB0, 0x04
0x198 = 0x60, 0x09

I also got the chance to re-zero one of the gauges while it was out, which is a physical needle position movement needed on the stepper motor shaft. FYI - you turn these needles anti-clockwise to pull them off, never clock-wise! Never directly up and off either! Pretend to unscrew it, even though there's no thread, while slightly pulling to get them off. If you do go clockwise by accident, the stepper moves and you need to reset them by powering it up, before putting back the needle.

It's nice to have all the needles perfect now!
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: