View Single Post
Old 25-06-2021, 08:24 PM   #3194
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

It's been a busy week. I've been hassled almost daily about a cloud migration project (****en paper pushers!) I have no time to work on but finally a solid week working on it and I have sorted most issues.

The problem is we have access to the DB servers now so could log on much as we like to configure stuff manually which would take all of 5 mins.

As part of the migration we are moving to a corporate cluster so now we have a DBA team as a middle man to work with and they don't seem like a lot of chop

The only benefit is they ensure DR and HA but that hasn't been an issue in the 15+ years of this DBs existence

I have been spending all week trying to SQL script all this stuff and have got most of it working but of course one package is still ****ed

Trying to get it documented and the automation sorted to the level I can mic drop the next day and not feel bad about it

So it feels good that I have worked through it all and automated almost all the stuff the other bloke had no time to do and learned a lot.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: