View Single Post
Old 18-06-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Climate change fact or fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Appears the Mung bean and Tofu mob are running the show here in NZ now, we are getting endless streets loosing lanes to cycle ways but no cycles on them, the congestion caused and blocked up traffic lights must waste fuel and time, i don't mind pushy's they are fun to ride but there is a time and place, NZ is not suited to have bikes as a form of transport for most.
We now have a second harbour crossing walking cycles only, that our Govt found 700m to fund (there has been no survey done) for "possibly" 3k of walkers and cyclists. yet there are roads and bridges down around the country with no time frame to fix, talk about the lunatics running the asylum.
We then have a whole generation now (from constant fear mongering) that thinks we will be under multiple feet of water in the not to distant future or roasting under ever increasing temperature, this same generation will protest off shore mining at a well known beach near me holding up surfboards with no mining signs on them wearing clothing/wetsuits made from petro chemicals and they drove there in cars to protest, and will upgrade a cell phone yearly for no reason .
I just feel it has got out of control they now want to limit our farming production which is NZ s main form of income, cow farts are bad apparently, talk about shooting your self in the foot, do i think we can live cleaner yes but this is not the way.
PS. I'm waiting with baited breath for a ban against volcanos its coming soon.
I live on both sides of the fence and see both arguments (to a point)

The cycleways/walking thing is based on build it and they will come.
Here in Victoria the conversion of the old disused rail corridors was an obvious choice and built with minimum funds unlike NSW massive overpriced scheme of things, in fact I moved from NSW's lack of country bicycle network to Victoria's close by cycle friendly towns.
The Victorian railtrail network is vast and extensive to a point where it promotes a mass of interstate and foreign visits year round. This new wave of cycletourism is generating a whole new breed of spending by punters who have lots of disposable income not tied down to car ownership.
In the cities I would be grateful if more "bad cyclist" were using cycleways freeing up the road for drivers who need to use them.
I would go further in allowing trucks making deliveries in morning peaks to have priority over 1 person cars clogging up the roads. imo.

As far as climate change is concern and this is only my view....its sometime which is constantly evolving no matter whether man is responsble to a degree for it or not. The world will always heat and cool as it cycles up and down over time.
The Green movement around the world is like any other "thing" which is popular at the time.
Like anything over reaction is the real problem.
Banning farming due to crop and livestock is stupid clssic example, banning river sand mining is one good example of stupidity local Greens argue we effect to fish population doing so, but forget we take lots of water to drink and flush down toilets (criminal in my view) in the meantime the rivers silt up with trees falling into them causing more worst envrionmental degredation.
Hunter Rivers NSW and Ovens rivers Vic are both good examples.

We all jump up and down demanding Govs do more for both sides of the fence but do we actually get involved in creating change ourselves (without Gov handouts) home solar is one good example I hear people whinging about.
Don't get me wrong I like polluting trucks, trains and still love riding bikes everwhere.
Its bloody cold where we are currently staying and I see the neighbours constantly going in a out of their houses driving 2 mins up the road to buy this or that or drop little Johnny off at football. Yes I know everyone is busy and haven't got time to smell the flowers

Personally I prefer to walk to the shops or ride down the road.
Yeah I do drink Soymilk (have done for 40 years, Asthma) and love Tofu but last night tucked in the biggest Scotch fillet steak I could eat.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: