View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 01:44 PM   #3146
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Yesterday i surprised my son. So, his mum had the rule he isnt allowed a mobile phone untill next year.
I broke that rule, but only because i was given a stupid cheap offer on a new phone and a good deal on a second month to month plan. So i led my kid on a bit, telling him i got a new phone and a second plan. He was a bit sus as to why i got a second phone and plan yet was sticking with my old phone (its not old) and plan. What had previously been discussed was he would probably end up with a clapped out hand me down phone and probably on pre paid. So he was extatic when i gave him the brand new phone. I did lay down the ground rules, and he knows i can monitor his usage, pause his plan, change it, cancel it whenever if i see fit. The only 3 reasons the box was opened was because it takes time to activate a sim card, put some charge into the battery and fit a screen protector and back case. So the setup was just add his google account and it was good to go.
The main reasons i went with the plan i did was its a month to month so not contracted, it was discounted, unlimited calls and texts, and if he runs over his data, it wont charge $x for overusage it just slows the speed down. So he cannot run up a bill past the plan cost. Because the deals were take it now, i did. I could have waited to gift the thing, and even though its not the top teir phone, in 6 months time it wont be the current model. But my kid was 100% in the dark on this, and it was way better then he was expecting. To say he was happy is an absolute understatement.
Seems to be some good cheaper plans around now.My current plan gives me something like 150 gb and unlimited calls etc for $150/year
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote