View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #1290
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Hi all.
Thought I'd give an update as been a whirlwind few days.

Unfortunately I had a breakdown and nearly tried to.commit suicide 3am Sat morning.

Ambulance called and Police searched me as had a knife etc previously and Paramedics came.

Rushed to hospital and was straight into ER.

I've been in huge pain the last 6 weeks so drank a heap (3 bottles of wine a night) to get through it but it all became too much........

So scans were done and turns out I have broken ribs (from a fall when drunk) but more seriously I have Pneumonia.

I've had a lung sample (not fun) and turns out it's infected but hopefully will go away in a week or two.

Mentally I'm on all sorts of drugs including valium to stop the alcohol withdrawals which are scary as.

So long story short I'll be discharged soon from respiratory ward to mental health ward where I'll continue care for both alcohol and suicidal thoughts.

Thank you all for your previous support and I am using this as a massive wake up call to fix my life up.

Best of luck to all everyone with their own battles in life.

Day 5 now and feel on the right track and lucky enough to have a beautiful view of the Derwent river.

Bro, we are here for you to vent. So anything you need to get off your chest, please use this platform to do so.

So sorry to hear of your anguish and pain. It saddens me to hear you going through this alone.

I will say I appreciate you at least telling us whats going on even if you dont know us.

I hope you get some rest. I've had pneumonia twice before and its not a nice thing to go through. Take the time to process where you are and think about how this can possibly be a positive thing in the end getting the help you need. Use it to your advantage to help you.

Im always here to PM if you need to chat to anyone.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont