View Single Post
Old 29-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #1286
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi guys
I lost my sister in Feb this year and i was at work when my brother phoned to tell me the bad news,
Too make it worse because of COVID we as in my wife and myself couldn't go over to New Zealand for the Funeral because the Boarders were shut.

It helped talking about it to my friends and other family members and of course emailing my sisters daughters.
I was given a few days off work so i did a lot of writing, got out in my car and went driving and took some pictures.

I think the trick is keeping busy, talking to friends and family don't bottle things up because it just makes it worse let it out and talk to people.
Im so sorry to hear mate. My deepest condolences.

I agree with you in keeping busy and talking about the person who has passed with family and friends. What I also think helps is talking about the good times you had with them with people who knew the person. It helps heal you as a person and you can keep the memories alive.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont