View Single Post
Old 24-04-2021, 10:52 PM   #458
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

I started tidying up my Territory today.
Washed it. Dried it. Decontaminated it with Bowdens Own Three Way cleaner and clay pad. Washed it down and dried it again.
Then I started polishing it. The car is nearly 6 years old and the paint is in reasonable shape for a 6 year old daily driven family car. Some minor scratches and light swirl marks all over. There is quite a lot of stone chips on the bonnet that I’ll touch up after polishing.
I tried out Scholl S20 all in one polish on a medium pad but it just wasn’t getting the scratches out. So I moved up to their S3 cutting compound on a cutting pad and that worked well after a few passes.
I then finished with S30 polish on a soft pad.
The results are pretty good with all the swirl marks gone along with most of the scratches.
So far I’ve done the bonnet and right hand side. It looks good and the paint is so smooth.

Any tips on applying touch up paint on stone chips? I’ve got a lot.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote