View Single Post
Old 26-01-2021, 01:41 AM   #4
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Focus Diesel Auto - good/bad?

I was wondering about this too. My bro just got back from the UK and was thinking about a wagon for now, was considering the mondeo but didn't know if the wet clutch in them was any better than the horror stories about the focus (which had a dry clutch I thought).
The reputation and confusion put him off and then he looked at hyundais but again they have DCT and probable dramas as well.

Eventually he wants a 7 seater for his family and inlaws to all fit in and drive around in together (he was thinking mazda cx8/9 is a year or so after housing is worked out)

He asked me for recommendations yesterday but neither of us have any idea what's good @ ford anymore: They sell ranger, mustang etc and after that it's a forever changing names of SUVs no one buys or cares about these days so we were both clueless.

If only for a the choice of traditional auto he's thinking he might just go mazda 6 over the mondeo. Even if mazda have their own problems it seems the least reliable thing in a car these days is the trans - cvt or dct etc and at least the mazdas have a t.c. auto - take care of the paint and don't get a mazda diesel you're usually fine. Getting a car with a trad. t.c. auto is a safer bet in his and my opinion.

E: But I don't know so this topic is good timing for him too. I haven't been in a mondeo since 2013 and my brother wants at least a 2016, pref 2018. what are they like? mazda 6 better?

Last edited by oldel; 26-01-2021 at 01:53 AM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote