View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 09:48 PM   #90
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Twilight for the traditional ICE automobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrunner View Post
Ok we're backtracking to a former comment so apparently your “fake news” comment is now also just a moot point.

I could say the same. Show me where I said you actually want to see ICE eliminated. I did not say anything of the sort.

I said " You go on an on about the benefits of EV's and their future role in eliminating ICE". That is not saying you wanted ICE eliminated.

We can all recall you and your mate kmav23's constant former huge post barrage's basically doing Tesla's advertising for them to the extent they were virtually going to rule the car market.

It was interesting to note that you have now joined other members and dropped him like a hot spud. Also your basic views are now more congenial towards members.

But FYI past comments have espoused the view that ICE is on borrowed time, eg;

ICE will be around for trucking and rural but for city transport, it's becoming less and less relevant. Especially if the rest of the world embraces EVs, Australia will be forced to change or change to LHD to get legacy ICE.

I think the ICE is on borrowed time. I think the push to go electric is too strong especially with some of the timelines the European countries are outlining. As the price of EV's come down, most of the population will move to them for being cheap, easy to run and no servicing....They don't care for performance. Just something to get them from A to B
Like I said, you have me confused with someone else. My posts were never like that. I actually own the cars and was sharing my first hand experience with the product, something that others haven't done but still are more than happy to have an opinion on the subject.

And the last two, yeah, ICE is on borrowed time. I'm not in denial. I love my combustion engines and manual gearboxes but they are disappearing. And most people just don't care about cars, its just something to get from A to B. So if they can get a car that can do that for a lot less, why wouldn't they?

I think ICE should be relegated to weekend/enthusiast functions. EV for everything else. I wont argue for the sake of it when the maths really does add up in favour to moving to EV's. That's just being stubborn. I've put my money where my mouth is and have first hand experience, not some armchair commentator.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: