View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 10:15 PM   #243
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Danzvtil was talking about Mitsubishi Magna's. Before my wife and i brought our Mondeo in 2012 we had a second hand TJ Magna 3.5 litre engine.

The thing was a rocket and shocked some people the way it went. One night about midnight we were coming home from a Wedding and driving along Rookwood Rd where the old Lidcombe Hospital used to be.

I got the red lights and next to me a young guy in a Hyundai pulled up next to with his mate in the passenger seat. I could hear his mate saying "its only a Magna blow him off when the lights turn green" and he was revving the engine looking at me.
I must say i would not normally do this but after they both started laughing at my car i thought "why not".

The light went green and i took off and when i looked in the rear vision mirror he was about 50 meters behind me. I got another set of light he caught up then they went green and i did it again to him.

I got another red light and i leaned out the window and said "Magna's not as slow as you think are they"?.
He didnt say a word but my wife looked at me and said "are you going to act your age now and slow down"?
Ha ha ha, well done!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: