View Single Post
Old 13-09-2020, 01:07 AM   #4
nstg8a

Default Re: What have I bought and what can I do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Its a good car, not the flagship of the au lineup, but not far from the top.
VCT donk is great, reliable, plenty of power stock to lose your license/bend it around a power pole. Lots of people say they're heavier on fuel than the hp 6cyl in series 1, I've had both, its negligible if anything.
Only problems you'll have will be electric window switches, roof lining sagging and rust.

As for mods, keep it tame so you dont break the gearbox, basic bolt ons and a tune will get you an honest 150~rwkw which in a car as light and nimble as the au xr6 is enough to have fun with.
And to sort of answer your question, if you were in the market for a 6 cylinder falcon, from 1998-2002, money no object, the only one better than yours was the xr6 st.
If you want specific info, check out the au sub forums.

Couple of things, vct and hp engine was across all three series, hp is base model xr, vct is just higher spec and also means irs if sedan.

As for light and nimble, An irs equipped falcon weighs almost as much as a ba. They’re no featherweight.

Great car if it’s been looked after, can be an ongoing money pit if it’s been neglected or you have to pay someone to do everything.

Also being a 2002 it should be a series III shouldn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote