Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #5805
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I will never understand protests. Rarely, if ever, do they achieve anything and mostly they just distance people further rather than make them sympathetic to your cause.

I went past a BLM protest in the city here (adelaide) a few months back, and it was just an angry group of people standing around with a few taking turns to get up on a soap box and shout at everyone in the most off putting tone... How is that meant to achieve anything? Apart from the fact that its a bit of an echo chamber as all those that actually attend a protest already agree with it.

It just wastes a couple of hours of police time because they have to stand around and cordon off the area just so these angry people can have their little moment.
I haven't a problem with peoples' rights to protest.
It was the colonial Stonemason's who kicked off the whole 8 hour day and one reason we all enjoy better wages, child care and living conditions.
https://www.nma.gov.au/defining-mome...eight-hour-day
Critical Mass has achieved a few rights for cyclist over the years but hey why not let everyone else do that so you can enjoy the benefits.

8 users like this post: