View Single Post
Old 13-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #128
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
How does anything being said here make you conclude that "china can do no wrong"? It seems the media has successfully brainwashed a section of the population.

As far as I know, 3 uni staff, all from the same uni in America, from the same case.

I will say this, we need to be conscious that our actions and megaphone diplomacy are being scruitinised by our neighbours. Like it or not, we are part of Asia. We are in the Asia Pacific (you can blame the poms for that).

Seen this today?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...on-in-malaysia

Add the bugging and phone tapping scandal of our neighbours, should we just generalise and call all Australians in asia as spies?
Because that is what it is being suggested of chinese students based on actions of a few.
I agree, and this notion that we need to stand up to China on every topic is out of control.

The unwashed are falling for it hand over fist at the moment because they are angry about there own position so everyone else needs to pay and we need to hang someone...its pathetic.

If they are crossing the line regarding international law then there are processes in place to deal with it. The international community will act eventually but its not instant, because rash decisions usually dont end well.

I see the UK have taken some steps of late to also flex some muscle on China, this HK citizenship saga is going to get ugly too. But, China had that coming and deserve the shunning they will get.

I dont have a good feeling about it all, but, its a process we need to go through with them. The west isnt happy and I am sure this is going to get alot worse.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote