View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 01:51 PM   #156
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
I see nothing wrong with your decision, its what fit best based on your criteria. Its only snobbery if you never considered other cars. Thanks for the input. It sounds like the i30N wasn't for you. Interested you didn't try the stinger. Although assuming because its not a hatch it was never put in the mix. What year A45 did you go for? I was surprised to see 2015's at decent price point but for a 2017(?) facelift you'd need to up your budget considerably.

With hot hatches, Kia and the like considered; what is a deterrent for me looking closer at an AMG A45is cost of servicing and the 7.5hr drive to get it in Adelaide living far west coast. With a Hyundai, VW, ford and Kia dealer in town keeps the i30N, stinger, RS and gti R in the mix. Few late model Mercs and audis in town though. Wonder if there's a local doing euro?
Stinger wasn’t in the hunt. Wasn’t looking to replace a large sedan with another medium “soft sport” sedan. I’m sure it’s a good thing but didn’t fit in with my replacement vision.

As with all performance cars, servicing, parts and fuel are all at exaggerated prices. You play you pay ! The AMG is a late 2017 almost 2018 model. ( they call it the facelift )
Brakes on these things are a regular replacement item, but I’m used to paying big $$ as the BF GT had Brembos all round and also used to chew through brakes.
It has 1 capped service left and thankfully still has over 4 months of factory warranty left which will allow me to properly investigate any driveline and sundry issues before I’m on my own.....

For the most part if it isn’t regularly tracked or abused with daily launch control shinanigans.... I don’t expect it to cause too many dramas. I’ll see how I go as the drive experience and it’s ability to slingshot itself everywhere Faster than the corona virus is addictive.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: