View Single Post
Old 21-04-2020, 07:42 PM   #606
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
A bit of advice (again) please .. This time not for me . Fairly recently a work mate found his ride on to give up the ghost AND his line trimmer too . Consequently I've been helping him out with my Husqvarna ride on given he has such a large yard and one of my 4 strokes . last time also he tried out my battery powered trimmer .

This morning at work I asked him if he wanted a hand again as both of us have to take the rest of the week off using RDO's . He told me he was sourcing a new Victa self propelled that Bunnings didn't have in stock but will again in a few days . Main reason he's buying it is because it has electric start and his missus wants that feature so she can use it too .

He asked me what I thought of that . I couldn't tell him because I have total experience that you could fit on a postage stamp with both self propelled and electric start other than ride ons of course . Cost quoted was $879 I think.

Generally what do you chaps think of both these features these days especially using this technology ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-XSovBy5us&t=57s...

Does come with a 5 year warranty though and after all... It is a Victa ..

For Murray
I liked the Honda self propelled mowers, not electric start but always started first gentle pull every time. Unfortunately twice the price of the one you are asking about. When we had the maintenance side to the landscaping business we only used Honda mowers and never had one die on us, the decks we had to fix a bit but the engines just kept going. The cost is justifiable if it's used everyday for work but not really worth it for home.
Ross 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: