View Single Post
Old 27-03-2020, 11:08 AM   #138
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Coronavirus scare causing markets to fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Just say we put a total stop to the entire money market for 6 months.

All the below payments stopped / frozen / locked in place:

* Interest on loans / credit cards
* Rent / lease payments
* Shares / stock market transactions
* Property transactions
* Tax office payments / returns processing
* All fees / charges for living (rates, school, tax, water, electricity, power).

However we were able to still access pay should we be entitled to it, drawn from LSL / sick pay etc

Those that have money in Super able to get it with minimal fuss (10% or $10k, whichever is higher)

Those on benefits remain, those that need them apply and get them within 2 weeks.

So, essentially we freeze everything for 6 months (minimum) with the promise that once this is over we start to reply everything by adding a premium of 15% to what we didn't pay till we catch up.

We allow people to have money to live as a minimum. If they can do more then they elect to. If they can't then they have a minimum standard that will allow them to eat and have a roof over their head till things blow over.

I don't know... just thinking out aloud. This will pass and eventually life will return to normal. The pain is in the transition between now and when that happens.

Seems we are struggling due to lack of income or expenses we can't pay for.

I looked into the situation regarding accessing your Super. Not till mid April.

Why mid April?? It's just mind boggling that something that could be processed within a day needs such a drawn out delay...

I think a lot of people will breath easier knowing they have the security of a roof over their head and money to survive while waiting for this to blow over.
Well... it seems that this is getting closer day by day. The fancy speakers are calling it a 'cryogenic freeze' or similar.

If we freeze ALL financial transactions other than welfare payments and spending on essentials we can get through this better than most other countries.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote