Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #318
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Kicked a lot of gardening goals this long weekend. All the service items i have replaced in my whipper snipper have payed for themselves. So thats new fuel filter, fuel line, return line, primer bulb, spark plug and i still havent done a proper job, but i have adressed the vaccum leak between the carby and block. Saturday i did my driveway. The 4 edges of the 2 concrete pads werent terrible as the mower gets the legnth, they were just growing over the pads a bit so i tidied that up. The driveway was mown 2 weeks back so it wasnt too bad, but the fence line hadnt been done in a while due to whipper snipper woes. So got that done and cleaned it all up with my mower. Its a 55m driveway so that was enough to fill my bin. Between the bloke who rents my granny flat we take turns so every fprtnight in the warmer months we do the drivewaywand side yard, theyre what you see off the street. But between the 2 of us we havent had a reliable snipper for a while. On saturday i didnt mow the side yard as it wasnt needing it, did clean up the edges though. My lower backyard hadnt been touched in months, so i t was a bit of a handful. Its going to take a few stages but i slashed it then no catcher on the highest setting slayed it yesterday. Today i did the upper backyard. I dont remember the last that was done so i slashed that, the new found reliability of my snipper is great. Because my green bin got emptied this morning i lowered my mower a little and withthe catcher picked up the carnage which was long grass, so my bin will be full for another 2 weeks. But atleast i can look back and say i actually did something usefull in the 3 days off, and justify the beers. I do tend to reward myself for the smallest of things.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: