View Single Post
Old 19-06-2018, 11:17 PM   #8
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 03 Mondeo Parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozleicester View Post
Thanks, I really dont know what it looks like, its at the Ford Dealer i know NOTHING about cars, they have told me it cant be repaired and so we have just thrown away $$$ :(

They recommend wrecking the car
If its only a broken water pump, then I suspect they are saying it cannot be repaired because they could not be bothered trying to chase the parts through other channels since it is a grey import.

Can you confirm that the water pump is all that is required or if there is any other issue that may well make it non viable to repair?

If you get your VIN it will help the search. Failing that I would get them to take the failed water pump off and you do your on research on a replacement. It may even be common with something else that used the same engine. There might also be a part number on the pump that you can use.

Don't give up yet!!

Last edited by GTLEGEND; 19-06-2018 at 11:28 PM.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote