FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thanks Ford dealership.....for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hally View Post
Poppa,

Agree with you in respect to the dealership. They had two choices;

1. Sell you missus a fuse
2. Tell your missus they don't have them in stock

My question to you is basically why do you service at a dealer? What is wrong with your local mechanic? Warranty would not be effected, doubt resale would be on a Fiesta.

Just curious.

couldn't agree more, however this is not my car, what madam states is what happens......she is in charge of around 15 workers and used to getting her own way.

my BA goes to our long suffering mechanic for everything.

my BT50 goes to the mazda dealer for service and updates.....we tow quite a bit and often well interstate so it has to be super reliable with everything up to spec.

my wifes fiesta goes to Ford for service and updates because thats what she wants.

the problem we have struck is that in most cases the correct tools aren't available to do the job and the computer software, owned by ford and Mazda, aren't available to an everyday mechanic or are astronomically expensive.

usually the local mechanic is a one horse affair working on a limited budget and lowish (in comparison) income, for instance my local mechanic is second generation, owns the shed, $65 per hour, one employee.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote