View Single Post
Old 14-09-2016, 11:13 AM   #44
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thanks Ford dealership.....for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
I worked for a large ford dealership for many years - one that has been mentioned in this thread.

I think some of you guys are missing the point from a customer satisfaction point of view.

Mr and Mrs Smurf are not happy with the service they received from a Ford dealership today. Whether they are right or wrong with their expectations is not the point - they are not happy.

Once Ford and dealerships start acknowledging the fact that they need to fulfil customer expectations and if they can't be fulfilled offer alternatives (not just trot out the ol' "You need to book it in for next week") people may start returning to Ford.

were you there when Kent Perry owned the place and Michael was the "goto"......different times then, good place to go......not now I'm afraid.

this is just the icing on the cake from this new mob......my wife has purchased 2 new vehicles with a lot of accessories and had these vehicles regularly serviced at this dealership.

she was 150 Km's from home with a minor problem which, I thought, could be solved with a simple trip to a regular well established relationship over quite a few years.

she was given no explanation, just a simple "you will have to book it in".....if she had been told that no fuses are available (which I find VERY hard to believe still) from there and that she would have to seek them elsewhere then I can understand sorta.

just out of interest I rang 3 other dealerships (another Ford dealer, Toyota dealer and a Mazda dealer) and put forward a question for them

my statement to each service manager were simple,

relationship established with their business in well excess of 5 years with the purchase and subsequent service of 2 new vehicles with accessories

then I put forward the following scenario... if my wife has a minor problem such as a blown fuse, needed it quickly and came to you to replace it what would you do

in ALL cases they stated they would replace the fuse with no charge.

the only one that said they wouldn't was my long term mechanic who told me to replace the bloody thing myself and don't be so lazy.....when I explained it was my wife with a blown fuse he said well thats different, I'd do anything for her, I would have made her a cuppa and gave her a biscuit while I replaced the fuse.....nice bugger!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!

Last edited by poppa smurf; 14-09-2016 at 11:22 AM.
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote