View Single Post
Old 17-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #86
Tex Scrotum
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My XB Coupe RestoMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveD_XB View Post
Hey Tex (if that is your real name……)

That’s a great question, to be honest the weight loss wasn’t really a big factor for me but I did take what they said on their website for it all being lighter as being true… so in the interest of science & answering your question I took all the new parts off the car again (you owe me a beer) & weighed them & then I weighed the matching original XB bits to see what the difference was. Here are my findings

The RRS power rack (they make a lighter manual one too) complete end to end with tie-rods is 11.4kg.

My stock XB power steering box is 11.9kg, then when you take the end to end links & tie-rods, idler arm etc they are 6.4kg… so all up the steering is 18.3kg, so a weight saving of 6.9kg.

The RRS Coilover weights 7.9Kg.

The stock parts that that replaces are the upper arm 6.4kg, the spring 5.6kg & the shock 1.5kg for a total of 13.2kg, so a weight saving of 5.3kg

The RRS knuckle is 7.2kg.

The stock XB spindle is 5.0kg, so the RRS piece is 2.2kg heavier.

I ignored your comment about not weighing the caliper & disks…

So the RRS Disk is 9.5kgs.

The stock smaller XB one is also 9.5kg, so no change there other than the fact that the new RRS unit is larger.

The RRS six piston caliper is 4.9kgs.

The stock XB unit is 6.3kg, so 1.4kgs heavier & a lot smaller too.

So if we take the steering out of the equation, the total weight of the suspension per side less the wheel & tire is:

29.5Kg’s for the fancy RRS stuff & the stock XB stuff is 32.2kg’s so 2.7kg’s lighter per side… & all up the total weight reduction for both sides & the steering setup is 12.3Kgs

Mate that's fantastic, better than I had hoped for [emoji7]

Sorry, I thought you were only trial fitting the suspension and assumed you had taken it back off.
I owe you more like a case of beer because you saved me the trouble of having to dig out all of my suspension and weighing it, cheers for that!

So thanks again, I really appreciate it and thanks for doing the write up on the RRS install.

Cheers Evan[emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]
Tex Scrotum is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: