View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #9
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MD TDCi Engine Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanjeev View Post
Thanks ope126& NZ XR6

I managed to order a 20L can of Oil through Repco - albeit more expensive than ordering directly from Castrol.

Given that the Mondeo does a heck of a lot of short trips and extended idling, I figured I might need an interim oil change at 7.5k intervals. Also suspect I can use this oil in the fiesta as well.

If anyone is interested in the details of where to order the oil and the part number - happy to message them that information.
The Mondeos have an oil quality monitoring system. It will calculate when to change oil based on running conditions. Mine tells me to service oil at about 20000 km (mostly long trips), which is about the maximum the system seems to allow. As usual information is hard to find, but I think it's called 'intelligent oil monitoring' by Ford. On the MC it is reset by pressing the brake and accelerator to the floor, turning ignition on and following further advice.

I'm changing the oil at 15000km, and watching the intelligent system out of the corner of my eye.

What interests me a bit is why the change from 5W-30 to 0W-30 from MC to MD. Ford utopia says: 'Welcome aboard dear valued customers, we are now proud to announce detailed technical information on our latest oil specification . . . "

Last edited by rondeo; 05-07-2016 at 04:07 PM. Reason: addition
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote