View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #37
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Regulated charge control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Now your on the money, this relates to Ford's Smart Charge System.

However, it is still funny that the reference to SmartDrive Technology is only available in the Ultra Hi Performance and Hi Performance range. Both don't offer a case size to fit a Diesel Mondeo...

In the PDF, Century makes a reference to 2006 onward Holden Commodores, so when you search for what batteries they recommend they are both Ultra Hi Performance and Hi Performance range (with the reference to SmartDrive Technology).

So according to Century, Regulated Charge Control requires the propitiatory "SmartDrive Technology" but they do not make a battery in this range that suits the Mondeo (TDCi anyway).

So move on from Century, look for a Silver Calcium battery (as specified from Ford for their Smart Charge Technology) and you will be right!

However at the end of the day, fit whatever battery you want! As long as the car starts - who cares!!!

But for me, that is why I have a Varta Silver Calcium battery in my Mondeo! (just like I do in my Passat - althought it is an AGM Stop / Start battery)!

Last edited by ope126; 12-03-2016 at 01:39 PM.
ope126 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: