View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #293
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Thumbs up Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Is it possible to be depressed without knowing it? (General question, not related to myself...)
In a word "yes" superyob.

I've always had anxiety from when I was in my teens, that's just the way I am. Accepted it and that was just from my insecurities - social acceptance etc - I think we all have that from time to time, just normal like everyone else. No biggie.

Depression was a different matter. I, as we all go through life changing events. Marriage fail/job loss/family issues/etc. Things mount up without within without realising the what it can cause in your mind.

I was a fairly resolute and positive thinking man. Self respect, a strong sense of family and work ethic. Lost it and started to wonder why.

After about 6 months of this I wrote down a list of my physical symptoms and took it to my Doc. Grinding teeth/unable to sleep/shatter vision/restlessness/low self esteem - the list goes on.

Doc said that I had depression after many questions. Wtf - me?

So, technically I didn't know I had depression superyob. There's many that don't. They just accept their lot.

I'm on medication for depression. Took a few different types before we found the "right" one. I'm pretty good now, just fall over every so often.

Thanks for asking mate.

Cheers!

Edit: My name is David.

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: