View Single Post
Old 29-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #74
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Holden to bring back Sandman in 2015 as a wagon & ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
I think it's a great idea. There is only 250 being made. Being Holden though, that strict 250 limited edition will probably be more of a guideline and will be more like 2500 if it kicks off.
And the orange shag pile on the seats is just a slip on cover so don't panic there.

But the let down for me is the colours. They've really let loose with black, white and way out there silver. Ho hum.

The Holden spokesman also said there is more retro stuff to come. No doubt they're keen to cash in on some of the GT-F style success.
Yeah agree about the colours. Some nice metallic purples, greens would be pretty cool. One thing for sure, this is generating a LOT of talk & opinion. If they sell, then maybe the colours will return...

Oh yeah, all the original Sandmans were a sticker pack on the Belmont commercial ute and van - a bit like the 'GS' pack you got stickers, sports dash and wheel covers/rims. Holden also exploited a tax loophole in the early 70's - vehicles judged 'commercial' had less sales tax so you could sell them cheaper.

Most intriguing was the Ford Surferoo, that was a full conversion for the traveling surfer done by the factory. I'd say they might have sold a couple new to the morally fluid crew coming off the hash running circuits back in the wild 1970s.